Having tested a variety of stem/branch ideas, I suppose it was only logical that, when faced with the fabric I was actually going to use, I decided to do something completely different.
I’m trying to embrace a bit of texture, as well as rediscovering an technique I haven’t used since I was enthusiastically making friendship bracelets at school. (I’d like to see the youth of today try to use loom bands in their future textile art…)
I haven’t quite got the stems finished, but on the whole, I’ve made quite a lot of progress on it this week.
Next week will hopefully involve cutting a lot of leaves…